Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training – 55 Hour course
Begins March 4, 2022
Meets 1 Weekend (Fri evenings, Sat, Sun) per month. See dates below. Graduation May 8, 2022
This training is designed for Yoga Teachers who have completed a 200 Yoga Teacher Training course, are currently taking a 200 hr Yoga Teacher Training course, or intend on taking a 200 hr YTT course in 2021. It is also also open to caregivers and providers in the Prenatal+Postnatal field, as well as women who are pregnant and would like to gain more insight into empowering their pregnancy through the practice of yoga. This course is also available to men who would like to be of more service and gain perspective to help their partner who is expecting a child or preparing for the future if planning to have a family.
We invite you to join us for this comprehensive 40 hour Prenatal, Postnatal, and Mommy & Me yoga teacher training and weekend immersions. Learn how to support women who are expecting in their journey into being a mother, conscious birthing, and postnatal practice with Dori Thomsen, Founder+Teacher of Soluna Yoga+Spa. Dive into this practice, uniting expecting mothers, supporting them in their connection to body and baby, while encouraging them to have a more compassionate-filled pregnancy, empowered birth and enter postnatal recovery with grace. An in depth manual is included in the tuition of this training.
In this training you will learn:
- The primary focus will be on how to lead a prenatal yoga class. Additional training in this course will include how to lead a postnatal, and mommy & me yoga class
- Learn how teach in person and virtual classes.
- Understand what an expecting mother is experiencing
- How to develop relationships with the mommy community and healthcare professionals
- Know what to suggest and offer modifications in class, the to do’s and not to do’s
- How to develop a Prenatal, Postnatal, and Mommy & Me yoga sequences for public classes and private sessions or personal use
- Techniques specialized to the needs of pregnant women for each trimester, empowering their labor, delivery, and postnatal recovery
- How to design a lesson plan for each trimester with creative themes
- Anatomy and physiology related to pregnancy
- Traditional yoga philosophy as it applies to pregnancy and journey into motherhood
- Pregnancy conditions
- Verbal and manual adjustments
- Restorative and relaxation techniques
- Partner Prenatal Yoga
- What you can do to support a growing community of moms and moms-to-be
- All the current birthing trends
- How to communicate confidently to new moms their options for prenatal, labor, delivery and postnatal postures and centering techniques
This training will meet for three weekends. All weekends must be attended by the student to receive the certificate. Offered in-studio only.
- March 4, 5, 6
- April 1, 2, 3
- May 6, 7, 8
Fridays 5:30-8:30pm (Luna Room), Saturdays 11am-7pm (Sol Room), & Sundays 10:30am-4pm (Sol Room)
- $499.50 Full Tuition Rate
- $300 Deposit (applied towards tuition)
- Comprehensive Manual
- Weekend immersions of prenatal classes, with additional classes on postnatal yoga and Mommy & Me yoga, meditation, pranayama, lectures and workshops on pregnancy, birth, and postnatal care
- Certification upon completion
If you are interested and have any questions about this training don’t hesitate to call or write us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Florida native Dori Thomsen, is a 500-hr ERYT, Co-Founder of Soluna Yoga + Spa with her husband, Christian. She first entered a yoga class over a decade ago, while a freshman in college at UNF, but found her true calling to teach yoga while living in Costa Rica. Dori gained the 200-hr Registered Yoga Teacher certification in 2010 with the Yoga Alliance, at an ashram in Guatemala, under the guidance of her teacher Paula Tursi of Reflections Yoga. She lived in Costa Rica for 5 years and taught for 3 of those years before returning back to the States. While living there, she continued her studies and earned a certificate in Prenatal Yoga & Restorative Yoga in 2011 and to also lead Stand Up Paddleboard Yoga in 2012. She is considered a pioneer of SUP Yoga in Central America, while living and teaching there and has now returned to Jacksonville with her family. In February of 2016, she completed her 500-hr advanced training, humbly earning the certificate of Yoga Acharya (Yoga Master) with Bhooma Chaitanaya and Swami Yogeshananda Saraswati at Aarsha Yoga Vidya Peetham in Kerala, India. She then dove deeper into her studies by completing the Yoga Therapy Training under her teacher Dr. Marie Bailey with the Amrit Yoga Institute. Dori is passionate about teaching Meditation, Pranayama, and all styles of yoga from and incorporates this free form expression of yoga in her classes, while encouraging her students to connect to the root and explore the practice. Dori is also passionate about teaching Prenatal Yoga, has been leading the classes since 2011, and enjoys connecting moms and moms-to-be; growing the village that it truly takes to raise a child. She became a Mother in 2013 and met her greatest teacher when they welcomed a baby girl into this world. She considers her daughter, Olive, to be her Guru. Olive continually teaches Dori how to love unconditionally and how to create authentic connection through communication, movement and breath. Olive also taught her how to lead Mommy & Me Yoga, attending these classes with Dori regularly. The doors to Soluna Yoga + Spa opened in December of 2014 and was voted #1 Yoga Studio by Jacksonville Magazine in 2016 & 2017 and in 2018, 2019, & 2020 with Folio Weekly! You can find Dori teaching classes and trainings at Soluna and leading trainings+retreats in Costa Rica. When Dori is not at Soluna, she enjoys spending time traveling with her family, playing in their garden+doing yard work, and taking time to press pause.