Early Bird Special! Get $600 off listed rate if you sign up by January 5, 2020! Apply Promo code PRENATALEARLYBIRD at checkout of Room Type.
Email us if you are interested in attending this training in the from of a Retreat or Prenatal Vacation getaway (aka Babymoon)
In this training you will learn:
- The primary focus will be on how to lead a prenatal yoga class. Additional training in this course will include how to lead a postnatal, and mommy & me yoga class
- Understand what an expecting mother is experiencing
- How to develop relationships with the mommy community and healthcare professionals
- Know what to suggest and offer modifications in class, the to do’s and not to do’s
- How to develop a Prenatal, Postnatal, and Mommy & Me yoga sequences for public classes and private sessions or personal use
- Techniques specialized to the needs of pregnant women for each trimester, empowering their labor, delivery, and postnatal recovery
- How to design a lesson plan for each trimester with creative themes
- Anatomy and physiology related to pregnancy
- Traditional yoga philosophy as it applies to pregnancy and journey into motherhood
- Pregnancy conditions
- Verbal and manual adjustments
- Restorative and relaxation techniques
- Partner Prenatal Yoga
- What you can do to support a growing community of moms and moms-to-be
- All the current birthing trends
- How to communicate confidently to new moms their options for prenatal, labor, delivery and postnatal postures and centering techniques
A $250 non-refundable deposit is due on date of signing up. The remaining amount is due by Jan 15, 2020.
- Early Bird Special! Get $600 off listed rate if you sign up by January 5, 2020!
- Apply Promo code PRENATALEARLYBIRD at checkout of the Room Type you are registering for.
- Triple Shared Room (3-4 People Per Room) + 3 Meals 1,699 USD
- Double Shared Room + 3 Meals 1,799 USD
- Private Room + 3 Meals 1,999
**Email us about the cost of tuition only (if you live near or already have a place to stay in Tambor, CR).
- Comprehensive Manual
- Daily prenatal classes, with additional classes on postnatal yoga and Mommy & Me yoga
- Daily meditation and pranayama sessions
- Daily lectures and workshops on pregnancy, birth, and postnatal care
- Certification upon completion
- 7 nights accommodation
- 3 fresh meals daily
SAMPLE DAILY SCHEDULE
(schedule may vary):
6:00AM Morning meditation+pranayama+asana practice
9:00AM Lecture & workshops
12:00PM Lunch and break
2:00PM Lecture & workshops
7:00PM Evening lecture & asana practice
This training+retreat is located in the small quiet beach town of Tambor in Costa Rica. Lodging is at the stunning Chateau Noir by Castillo, which boasts its own private wildlife and hauling monkeys park.
Chateau Noir by Castillo was built in 1998 by an English couple who brought all the stones from Spain. Built to resemble the Tower of London, it is the only Castle in Costa Rica that is now currently converted into a boutique hotel and Villa. It is located in Villas del Mar and Tango Mar luxury hotel district in Tambor. All rooms are private, with private bathroom, safe, TV, air conditioning, mini-bar, coffee maker. There is a spa on site if you would like to book a massage or facial during the training. Additional spa services are not included in the tuition of the training. The pool is the ideal place to relax during our breaks. The yoga space and outdoor area is where the majority of your days will be spent here learning, growing, and connecting, immersed in the practice+nature. You will need to bring your own yoga mat, strap, and block.
On your time off walk on the beach, hike a magical rainforest, horseback ride the rivers to waterfalls, go zip-lining through the treetops, and unleash your inner child!
You will always be within earshot of songbirds and able to enjoy the views of the mountain tops. Frequent visitors include howler monkeys, iguanas and beautiful tropical birds.
This training is designed to help you connect with and nurture your highest Self through asana, meditation, pranayama, movement and nature.
The night prior (arriving on Feb 21, 2020) to the first day of class is included in your tuition, should you wish to arrive a day early. You must arrive by the afternoon of Feb 22, 2020, as the opening ceremony will begin at 3:00PM.
About Tambor, Costa Rica:
Resting in the valley of a horseshoe-shaped bay, Tambor is a quaint beach town that nurtures a laid-back atmosphere, located on the west coast of Costa Rica along the Gulf of Nicoya. The bay in Tambor is called Bahia Ballena, which means “whale bay” in English. It was originally named because during the dry season, whales used to frequent the area.
The beach of Tambor is easily accessed with a car and you find shade under almond and palm trees. The volcanic history serves up a grey-colored, hard-packed sand which gently slopes into the crescent bay. Low tide produces a broad expanse of beach and the shallow waters are exceedingly calm, offering good swimming for even the most timid of bathers. Walks around the magnificent beaches are popular in Tambor. From the pier at the southern end of the village you can hike around the end of the bay. The path is about 4 kilometers and ends at Cocalitos Beach where the El Chorro waterfall pours out into the ocean. You can even swim in the large rocky pool. For a unique walk through the north of Tambor, you have to wait for low tide, since you’ll have to wade through the Panica River.
The valley of Tambor is cradled by lush forested hills which are part of the Biological corridor of the Nicoya Peninsula. To the north of the Tambor bay lies the Curu Wildlife Reserve which protects various ecological habitats and a wealth of wildlife. It is fronted by the Islas Tortugas, a tropical island paradise which can be visited on a boat tour.
Horseback Riding is a wonderful option if you want to take in the vistas a little differently, take a guided horseback ride to the hills of Tambor, which provides views as far as Montezuma. Other horseback tours weave along the upper Panica River to a stunning waterfall. Along the way, you’ll cross shallow rivers, canter down paths and maybe even spot howler monkeys swinging overhead in the tree canopy.
This course includes 3 home-cooked vegetarian meals per day. Our food is locally sourced and meals are largely typical Costa Rican cuisine, with ample amounts of fresh tropical fruits! Please plan to purchase your own snacks between meals. We will take a trip to the market on the first day to pick up snacks.
Please notify us in advance if you are:
Other dietary requirements needed
- Eco hikes (medicinal plants, local wildlife, mangroves, beach, and primary rain forest)
- River swim and meditation
- Waterfall adventures
- Horseback Riding
- Snorkling and Diving
- Sport Fishing
Note: Cost of excursions are not included in the training tuition.
Getting to the training:
You can fly into either the SJO or LIR airport for this training+retreat. Both airports are about a 2.5 hr shuttle transfer to Tambor. Shuttle transfer is not included in the rate and rates may vary depending on what airport you arrive at. There is also a Tambor Airport which offers at daily domestic flights.
If you shuttle from the San Jose Airport, you will drive to the city of Puntarenas and at the very tip of this town (it is a peninsula) you will catch the car ferry to Paquera then it is a quick 15 minute drive to Tambor.
If you shuttle from the Liberia Airport, you are coming from the north and will drive through the city of Nicoya, following the road straight down the Nicoya Peninsula to Tambor.
• Yoga for Pregnancy-Sandra Jordan
• Birthing From Within-Pam England & Rob Horowitz
• Female Pelvis-Blandine Calais Germanine
• Yoga Mama, Yoga Baby: Ayurveda and Yoga for a Healthy Pregnancy and Birth-Margo Shapiro Bachman
• Itsy Bitsy Yoga: Poses to Help Your Baby Sleep Longer, Digest Better, and Grow Stronger-Helen Garabedian
About the Teacher:
Florida native Dori Thomsen, is a 500-hr ERYT, Co-Founder of Soluna Yoga + Spa with her husband, Christian. She first entered a yoga class over a decade ago, while a freshman in college at UNF, but found her true calling to teach yoga while living in Costa Rica. Dori gained the 200-hr Registered Yoga Teacher certification in 2010 with the Yoga Alliance, at an ashram in Guatemala, under the guidance of her teacher Paula Tursi of Reflections Yoga. She lived in Costa Rica for 5 years and taught for 3 of those years before returning back to the States. While living there, she continued her studies and earned a certificate in Prenatal Yoga & Restorative Yoga in 2011 and to also lead Stand Up Paddleboard Yoga in 2012. She is considered a pioneer of SUP Yoga in Central America, while living and teaching there and has now returned to Jacksonville with her family. In February of 2016, she completed her 500-hr advanced training, humbly earning the certificate of Yoga Acharya (Yoga Master) with Bhooma Chaitanaya and Swami Yogeshananda Saraswati at Aarsha Yoga Vidya Peetham in Kerala, India. She then dove deeper into her studies by completing the Yoga Therapy Training under her teacher Dr. Marie Bailey with the Amrit Yoga Institute. Dori is passionate about teaching Meditation, Pranayama, and all styles of yoga from and incorporates this free form expression of yoga in her classes, while encouraging her students to connect to the root and explore the practice. Dori is also passionate about teaching Prenatal Yoga, has been leading the classes since 2011, and enjoys connecting moms and moms-to-be; growing the village that it truly takes to raise a child. She became a Mother in 2013 and met her greatest teacher when they welcomed a baby girl into this world. She considers her daughter, Olive, to be her Guru. Olive continually teaches Dori how to love unconditionally and how to create authentic connection through communication, movement and breath. Olive also taught her how to lead Mommy & Me Yoga, attending these classes with Dori regularly. The doors to Soluna Yoga + Spa opened in December of 2014 and was voted #1 Yoga Studio by Jacksonville Magazine in 2016 & 2017 and in 2018 with Folio Weekly! You can find Dori teaching classes and trainings at Soluna and leading trainings+retreats in Costa Rica. When Dori is not at Soluna, she enjoys spending time traveling with her family, playing in their garden+doing yard work, and taking time to press pause.