Come rediscover yourself between the ocean and the jungle. Join us for 6 nights and 7 days of being immersed in nature and this Prenatal Yoga Retreat at Vida Asana Retreat Center & Eco-Resort in Playa Hermosa, Costa Rica. With each morning salute the rising sun in a nourishing Prenatal Yoga+Meditation practice. The majority of the days are spent in a class setting diving into workshops and lectures in learning about Prenatal Yoga, anatomical focus, modifications, meditation, pranayama, and techniques specialized to the needs of pregnant women for each trimester, empowering your labor, delivery, and postnatal recovery. This retreat coincides with a Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training course. Babymoon Retreaters have the option to attend any class they would like to attend. Everything being offered is optional and included in this retreat. This retreat is ideal for pregnant women who would like to take vacation for themself, as a couple with their spouse, or as a trip with family and friends. Afternoons are for exploring the beaches, visiting the local town, shopping, going on any additional excursion of your choice, or simply relaxing in the art of doing nothing by the pool or in a hammock. In this retreat you will be able to enjoy a Rainmaker Conservation Project excursion, a true rainforest experience, complete with hanging bridges, rushing rivers, waterfalls, and clear fresh-water swimming pools. All 3 meals daily of breakfast, lunch, and dinner made from fresh, local ingredients are included. Evenings will be spent watching the sun set into the Pacific Ocean followed by a Restorative Yoga+Yoga Nidra practice. The main focus of this retreat is Prenatal Yoga, however a generous portion of Postnatal Yoga and Mommy & Me Yoga will be covered in this retreat as well.
Enjoy the following at this All-Inclusive Retreat:
- 6 nights of lodging at Vida Asana Eco Retreat Center
- 3 meals a day (local, fresh and organic when available)
- Shuttle to/from the San Jose (SJO) airport
- 2 times a day of Asana, Meditation, & Pranayama practice
- 1 Excursion: Rainmaker Conservation Project
Is this retreat for you?
- Couples getaway – YES
- Solo exploration – YES
- Girls’ Trip – YES
- Celebrating a Baby Shower – YES
- Family Friendly – YES (Please inquire)
Vida Asana is tucked away in the rainforest, less than a mile from the beach, and blends perfectly with the jungle environment. Playa Hermosa is a quiet surfing community, located between the beach towns of Jaco and Manuel Antonio. This location allows our guests to enjoy a wide range of activities, if they choose to venture off of the property. Vida Asana is conveniently located 90 minutes from San Jose Airport (SJO), just outside of Jacó in beautiful Playa Hermosa, Costa Rica. Situated between the lush tropical beauty of the jungle and world-famous beaches of Playa Hermosa, our location provides easy access to a variety of activities, excursions, restaurants, and shopping, yet offers a peaceful jungle setting to repose.
Vida Asana is also dedicated to the local community: both guests and full-time residents often engage in garden building and other sustainable community building programs. Their current primary causes are BJJ Jaco and Costas Verdes. BJJ Jaco teaches our children the joys of physical fitness, discipline, and mindfulness, while Costas Verdes ensures this beautiful land is here to enjoy when they are older. Vida Asana is deeply committed to community involvement and support. While engaging in many activities that support and unite the community at large, they directly support Waves of Hope, an organization affiliated with the 501c Yoga 4 Bee. Come get lost between the ocean and the jungle and we’ll take care of the rest.
Additional amenities included in this retreat:
- All rooms have a private bathroom, hot water, AC, ceiling fan, and organic soap, shampoo, and conditioner.
- Spacious open-air jungle yoga shala, with mats, blocks, straps, and bolsters.
- Welcome refreshments and a light snack upon arrival.
- Sangria night with non-alcoholic (optional).
- Pool, sun deck with lounge chairs, hammocks, and covered lounge area.
- Bicycles for transportation to and from the beach.
- Concierge services (booking of tours, adventures, massages, transportation, general information).
- Private Room (1 person): $1550
- Shared Accommodations (2-3 people): $1250/person
- Register before January 1, 2021 to receive $100 off Early Bird discount
- Deposit of $500 to register. Full balance due before March 15, 2021 REGISTER
- Once you register and pay deposit we will send you a link for the balance
- Investment does not include airfare and additional travel expenses
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions
Included in your stay are three meals daily during the retreat, a welcome snack upon arrival, and one sangria night. The food at Vida Asana was created with a healthy lifestyle as the inspiration. Every menu item is made from scratch using whole, and as often as possible, organic ingredients–mostly gluten free, and vegan centric, with eggs and yogurt at breakfast, and fish served at dinner every second night. All allergies or dietary needs are easily accommodated. Additionally they are continuing to install more permaculture gardens and edible landscaping to increase the onsite organic harvest.
- Gallo pinto (beans and rice with aromatics and salsa lizano- a very Costa Rican typical breakfast)
- Sweet plantains
- Pico de gallo
- Fresh Fruit
- Tortilla Española (Our version of a Spanish omelet made with camote, a local white sweet potato)
- Chia pudding with almonds and strawberries
- Housemade granola OR hot quinoa made with bananas, coconut, and almond butter
- Fresh Fruit
- Greek Salad
- Fresh greens (from our garden)
- Hummus and Baba ghanouj
- Falafel with Tzatiki and Tahini Sauces
- Sushi Bowl (A mix of sushi rice, carrot, cucumber, avocado, mango, black sesame seeds, sushi nori, and sesame ginger vinaigrette)
- Salad greens
- Miso soup
- Fresh fruit
- Vegan Lasagna, Fresh green salad with Dijon or Balsamic Vinaigrette, and for desert an Apple Crisp
- Pad Thai Shrimp in Tamarind Glaze with Rainbow Mix of Fresh Veggies in Rice Noodles and Peanut Sauce, Fresh Green Salad, and for desert an Avocado Chocolate Mousse with Strawberries
Excursion included in this retreat (optional to attend):
- Rainmaker Conservation Project: Rainmaker Park is the best of both worlds as it feels like a national park, yet is relatively unheard of – a hidden gem! The gorgeous shade-making tree canopy and clear waters keep this hike super fresh even on the hottest of days. One of our favorite guides will take you on this adventure, ensuring that you see as much wildlife as possible while educating the group about the inner workings of the rainforest and her plant and animal life. It is a true rainforest experience, complete with hanging bridges, rushing rivers, waterfalls, and clear fresh-water swimming pools. The tour finishes up with a home cooked traditional lunch. Difficulty Level – Easy to Medium – some steep climbs, but the paths and steps are well maintained and often made of stone or recycled tires. People with knee problems or those with a legitimate fear of heights are cautioned. What to Wear – Wear your swimsuit under your clothes making it easy to jump right in the beautiful waterfall fed pool! Wear sneakers or hiking sandals and bring a small daypack with towel, water bottle, bug spray, flip-flops, and change of clothes for the ride home. (Flip-flops are for the last part of the hike after the swim).
Other excursion opportunities:
Vida Asana is located in Playa Hermosa, the adventure capital of Central America. There is something for everyone here! We have narrowed down the many options to include favorites that coincide well with group schedules. Transportation is included in the pricing of all pre-arranged Vida Asana excursions.
- Manuel Antonio National Park
- Stand Up Paddleboard
- Horseback Riding and Jungle Spa
- Mirador Hike
We work with several independent therapists that offer a variety of bodywork. Once your group arrives, we will work with each interested person to schedule treatments during available times within your schedule. Prices range from $70 – $200 depending on the treatment.
Flight and additional travel expenses are not included in this retreat. You will want to fly into the San Jose, Costa Rica International Airport (SJO). There will be one airport transfer each way that is pre-arranged for our group and is included in the retreat. The driver will stop at the famous Tarcoles Bridge, to see crocodiles in their natural habitat and will provide fresh coconut water for each guest, either at the airport or upon stopping at the bridge. Often an extra transfer is required for very early or late arrivals. If you require extra transfers or are an individual coming to Vida Asana, we can arrange transportation for you with one of our trusted drivers. The price generally runs $90 -$150 each way. Some exceptions apply.
About Retreat Leader Dori:
Florida native Dori Thomsen, is a 500-hr ERYT, Co-Founder of Soluna Yoga + Spa with her husband, Christian. She first entered a yoga class over a decade ago, while a freshman in college at UNF, but found her true calling to teach yoga while living in Costa Rica. Dori gained the 200-hr Registered Yoga Teacher certification in 2010 with the Yoga Alliance, at an ashram in Guatemala, under the guidance of her teacher Paula Tursi of Reflections Yoga. She lived in Costa Rica for 5 years and taught for 3 of those years before returning back to the States. While living there, she continued her studies and earned a certificate in Prenatal Yoga & Restorative Yoga in 2011 and to also lead Stand Up Paddleboard Yoga in 2012. She is considered a pioneer of SUP Yoga in Central America, while living and teaching there and has now returned to Jacksonville with her family. In February of 2016, she completed her 500-hr advanced training, humbly earning the certificate of Yoga Acharya (Yoga Master) with Bhooma Chaitanaya and Swami Yogeshananda Saraswati at Aarsha Yoga Vidya Peetham in Kerala, India. She then dove deeper into her studies by completing the Yoga Therapy Training under her teacher Dr. Marie Bailey with the Amrit Yoga Institute. Dori is passionate about teaching Meditation, Pranayama, and all styles of yoga from and incorporates this free form expression of yoga in her classes, while encouraging her students to connect to the root and explore the practice. Dori is also passionate about teaching Prenatal Yoga, has been leading the classes since 2011, and enjoys connecting moms and moms-to-be; growing the village that it truly takes to raise a child. She became a Mother in 2013 and met her greatest teacher when they welcomed a baby girl into this world. She considers her daughter, Olive, to be her Guru. Olive continually teaches Dori how to love unconditionally and how to create authentic connection through communication, movement and breath. Olive also taught her how to lead Mommy & Me Yoga, attending these classes with Dori regularly. The doors to Soluna Yoga + Spa opened in December of 2014 and was voted #1 Yoga Studio by Jacksonville Magazine in 2016 & 2017 and in 2018 & 2019 with Folio Weekly! You can find Dori teaching classes and trainings at Soluna and leading trainings+retreats in Costa Rica. When Dori is not at Soluna, she enjoys spending time traveling with her family, playing in their garden+doing yard work, and taking time to press pause.